The Rehbar Foundation (Regd.) has been established in 2008. The Foundation has been promoted by a group of Doctors & Educationists, who are motivated by a strong spirit of social commitment. The ultimate aim of the Foundation is to establish educational institutes to cater the drastic & challenging need of the Minority & other weaker section of society specially of this educationally backward area of Malwa region of Punjab.
Keeping in view the need of the region and to contribute for meaningful employment for girl & minority section of the society & development of Medical, Nursing & Health Education in Punjab, The Foundation has established “Rehbar Institute of Medical Sciences at Bhawanigarh”. In the wake of latest technology & techniques the scenario of Medical, Nursing & Health education has changed. The education is now a blend of the principles, latest technology and practical approach. Nursing is an art as well as science for the noble cause of the society. The basic of nursing lying only in the dedicated, selfless service of the human being. The role of Nurse can’t be associated only with Medical Profession; rather it is incarnate with the service of the society. Infect, Nursing has become much more critical than ever before. So, the education and practice of nursing must be based on latest scientific principals from both the physical & behavioral sciences & latest technology. Nurses must cherish their inner skills to provide quality of nursing care to patients. The institute will nurture the nursing students to equip them with latest scientific techniques & latest technology, so that they may serve the society with great sincerity, dedication.
The Institute has started ( Staff Nurse ) GNM 3 ½ years Diploma course in General Nursing & midwifery in the year 2009 after obtaining No Objection Certificate form the Govt. of Punjab vide their letter no. 2/60/2009-3HB-III/3111 dated 29-6-2009, Feasibility certificate from Indian Nursing Council, New Delhi vide letter no. 02/May/2010-INC Dated 21-05-2010 & Affiliation from Punjab Nurses Registration Council, Chandigarh vide letter no. PNRC/2010/40 dated 08-01-2010 & ANM 1 ½ years Diploma course in Auxiliary Nursing & midwifery in the year 2009 after obtaining No Objection Certificate form the Govt. of Punjab vide their letter no. 2/39/2009-4HB-III/1186 dated 2-3-2009, Feasibility certificate from Indian Nursing Council, New Delhi vide letter no. 02/Aug/2009-INC Dated 13-08-2009 & Affiliation from Punjab Nurses Registration Council, Chandigarh vide letter no. PNRC/2010/41 dated 08-01-2010.
In this Institute more stress is given on clinical/ practical / community health training of students in the Govt. Medical College & Rajendra Hospital
Patiala and Govt. recognised hospitals in Patiala, Nabha, Sangrur, Sunam, Bhawanigarh, Dhuri, Samana etc. In private sector AMAR HOSPITAL ( A MULTI SPECIALITY HOSPITAL ) Patiala, Bansal Surgical & Laproscopic Center Nabha, Sangrur Surgical hospital Sangrur ,Khan Hospital & Maternity Home Bhawanigarh.
Objectives of the Rehbar Institute of Medical Sciences:
The core aim of the institute is to:
1. Train the students of this institute as they should be able to revel their skills in a positive & progressive manner in the service of the humanity & community.
2. Enable them to understand the basic principles of nursing & nurture their skills as per modern nursing techniques in order to practice comprehensive nursing care.
3. Inculcate the competency to take up responsibility in every field of life with full confidence.
4. Equip them with up to date knowledge and understanding of the work in the hospital & in the community.
5. Encourage them to lead a disciplined life to understand the current health needs of the country and practice nursing at the highest possible level accordingly within the resources available.
6. Enable them to implement modern nursing techniques of prevention of diseases, promotion of health & rehabilitation.